Monday, April 11, 2011

Trial by Jury: Decision Making

Ministry@Work Monday

It came in the mail. With dread I opened my call to serve Jury Duty. I'd received notices before. I had good excuses to avoid it in the past. My first notice came when I was an undergraduate at the University of Illinois at Chicago. At that time they excused my attendance due to my school schedule. The next time I was a stand-by Juror, and was not required to attend. But, this time I had to show up early on a Friday morning, and was selected to serve. With great protest within I went this morning only to take on a role that is a great benefit to serve someone else, their livelihood, and their future.

Jury is defined as a group of persons selected to make a decision, especially in the court of law.

Role of a Juror
  • Responsible for gathering information.
  • Accurately and objectively weighing details and facts.
  • Determining the best and most suitable decision for the parties involved.
Initially, I was resistant to the idea of being involved in the decision making process of a law proceeding. However a consulted a few scriptures to support me and guide in prayer in relation to my role. I’m sure I not the only one whose faced with the responsibility of decision making. Daily in our work lives we must rationalize and reason information and facts that will impact our own selves and others.

And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Isaiah 11:2 KJV

Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.
Colossians 4:1 NIV

The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
Proverbs 28:1 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment