Sunday, November 7, 2010

Suggested Reading: Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall & Debby Jones

Suggested Reading Sunday
I like to go to the bookstore and browse the shelves for a must read. I can spend a good amount of time at Borders, Barnes & Noble, or Family Christian Bookstores. I like to read and share information. So, each week I will suggest reading material, either books from my personal library and/or articles I’ve encountered. This week I'll like to suggest one of my favorite books Lady in Waiting: Becoming God's Best While Waiting for Mr. Right.

Lady in Waiting is written by Jackie Kendall and Debby Jones. The purpose of the book is to emphasize the importance of deepening one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Authors, Kendall and Jones, brings to light the importance of women finding consolation for their hearts' desires and longings in making Jesus the Lord of their lives.


The book highlights ten characteristics of a reverent woman. Each of these qualities are connected to the life displayed by Ruth. The characteristics, which entitle each chapter, are reckless abandonment, diligence, faith, virtue, devotion, purity, security, contentment, conviction, and patience.


I absolutely love this book. It is also a book I frequently discuss with one of my best friends. We'll spend time discussing some of our favorite passages and share how each of those tidbits have impacted our understanding.


Another note to mention, I have the expanded addition that is pictured above. This addition includes several study questions at the end of each chapter, a journal, and an extended study section. The book is not just for reading, but to transform the thinking and to instill the development of godly character in the lives of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment